Harvard Law School – CopyrightX course, June 2015.
• Scored highest grade on exam among 282 exam-takers.
Brooklyn Law School – Juris Doctor, February 2007.
• Brooklyn Journal of International Law.
• CALI Award for Excellence in Trademarks & Unfair Competition.
• 2nd Prize, NYSBA IP Law Section Writing Contest, 2006.
SUNY Purchase – Bachelor of Fine Arts, 1990.
• President of Senior Class, Visual Arts Department.
• Studied under Jan Groover, Jed Devine, Gregory Crewdson, Len Stokes.
“Risk Assessment: Mayor Bloomberg’s efficiency arguments about stop-and-frisk are wrong, as well as irrelevant,” Slate, August 19, 2013
Significant Changes in Matrimonial Law, Domestic Law Review, November 2009
eBay’s Secondary Trademark Liability Problem and its VeRO Program, NYSBA BRIGHT IDEAS (New York State Bar Ass'n), Spring 2007. (MS Word document)
May 2011 - Present
Private Practice – New York, NY
• Represented clients in matrimonial & family law cases, drafted settlement agreements, motions, etc.
Represented criminal defendants in first amendment protest cases, appeared in court, drafted motions, strategized with National Lawyers Guild. Consulted with numerous clients adverse to the Church of Scientology in related issues, cases (in re media law, IP, first amendment issues). Consulted on patent, trademark, and copyright issues, registration with PTO office for numerous clients. Represented numerous Sandy Hurricane victims to FEMA, NYC, etc.
Sep 2008 - May 2011
Associate – Bodnar & Milone LLP, White Plains, NY
• Drafted pleadings, motions, memoranda, correspondence, etc. at a top Westchester County matrimonial firm. Interacted with and guided clients through grounds, discovery, statements of net worth, motion practice, and all other aspects of matrimonial procedure.
Dec 2007 - June 2008
Junior Contract Analyst (freelance) – Condé Nast, New York, NY
• Negotiated licensing contracts with photographers and agents. Drafted memoranda and analyzed contracts and reports. Designed and built a functional demo of a comprehensive digital rights management system, to overlay an existing contract database.
June 2006 – December 2006
Research Assistant – Professor Michael Madow (Brooklyn Law School), Brooklyn, NY
• Researched and prepared memoranda on a variety of topics concerning mass media law, publicity rights, defamation, anti-SLAPP statutes, FCC, and censorship. Edited article (81 Calif. L. Rev. 125) on publicity rights for inclusion in book.
September 2004 – December 2004
Intern – Honorable Joseph M. McLaughlin, US Court of Appeals, 2d Circuit, New York, NY
• Researched issues and drafted bench memoranda on pending appeals and motions.
• Drafted portions of opinions. Proofread and cite checked opinions and summary orders. Observed court proceedings.
January 1997 – Present
Technology Consultant – New York, NY
Produced websites from a solo as well as team standpoint. Assembled teams of freelancers and managed both technical and content personnel. Led meetings, gave presentations, evaluated business plans, and evaluated software. Designed, coded. Wrote technical briefs. Directed special project for Major League Baseball. Directed new business initiatives. Employed as Director of Interactive Services for Emerald City Media, December 1999 – June 2001.
June 1990 – January 1997
– New York, NY
Photographed tabletop / still life for advertising, catalog, some fashion. Clients included Fortunoff, FAO Schwarz, Nike, Macy's, Nabisco. Agencies included Saatchi & Saatchi, Young & Rubicam, Avon.